COACHING: A STRATEGIC TOOL FOR EFFECTIVE LEADERSHIP
Get skills for coaching employees to improve the effectiveness of individuals and teams!
During times that would challenge even the most resilient and experienced managers, it’s never been more important to have an arsenal of tools, techniques and best practices for coaching employees. This course gives you—from analyzing the cause of subpar performance to creating a climate for effective employee coaching and learning, from giving corrective feedback to handling difficult responses to coaching.
You’ll leave this course more aware of your personal habits, styles and preferences when you are coaching employees, through assessments, role plays and exercises.
- Determine how to use coaching as an employee retention tool
- Explore the root causes of performance problems
- Demonstrate how to tailor coaching to different types of people
- Develop influencing techniques
- Identify how emotions and feeling can lead to biased decisions and opinions
- What leaders do, why leaders need to be coaches
- Coaching by leaders vs. coaching by managers
- Conducting your leadership assessment
- Using the facilitative approach to coaching
- Tapping into your emotional intelligence (EI) and EI of others
- Practicing the skills of an ethical and inspiring leader
- Flexing your communication styles when coaching
- Practicing conducting coaching sessions
- Understanding and leveraging your teaching style
Outbound Activities Aimed At Improving:
- Enabling the change process
- Coaching a team: participating and witnessing a team-coaching session
- This course is suitable for team leaders, managers and executives.
- Face To Face
- Role playing
- Post session assessment
- Video presentation
- Case study