Participants will understand what constitutes off balance sheet finance and its importance when analyzing a company.
- Off balance sheet finance and is it legitimate?
- Sectors that are most susceptible to its application
- To what extent is this used within companies
Key Off Balance Sheet Categories
- Identify key off balance sheet and examine the impact these have on the company financial performance.
- Finance vs. operating leases
- Adjust net debt to reflect hidden liability represented by operating leases
- Recap the principles behind defined contribution and defined benefit schemes
- Adjust net debt for pension deficits
- Deferred tax implications
- The link to foreign exchange differences